Friday, October 5, 2012

11 Months Ahead!

We are officially 11 months ahead from our big day, and boy have a lot of things already happened this first week of October. Fist, before diving into wedding planning, I wanted to share my excitement as I officially started my first week at my new job! I am lovin' my new 10 minute drive to work, the fact that I am now working at a hospital, and learning the ins and outs of Telemetry.

Getting back to wedding details, we have moved into our 11th month before the big day, but not before receiving sweet snail mail from my parents, congratulating us and reminding us of the excitement to come in the next year leading up to our wedding.


According to the wedding book I mentioned last post, we are supposed to be "beginning with essentials" on this 11th month, with our to-do list including:

1. Announce your engagement.

2. Choose the wedding party.

3. Book a photographer and videographer.

4. Hire musicians.

We have just ordered our Engagement Announcements from the awesomely cheap website called Vistaprint.com, and they should be in the mail before the end of this month. Check a sneak peak of them below.


Moving on to the second item on this month's to-do list, we are almost done with choosing our entire wedding party. M officially asked his younger brother, Matthew House, to be one of his Best Men earlier this week. M just indulged me by ceremoniously calling his older brother, Robert House , to request him be his second Best Man. I loved his nonchalant response of, "I thought that was a given?", haha. The rest of his groomsmen will hopefully be announced later this month. I have already chosen my bridesmaids, whom I introduced last month under our Meet The Wedding Party tab, in our Menu section (check the left side of your screen to find it and meet my pretty ladies, and M's main men).


I actually just received my last response from one of my Bridesmaids, Stephanie, letting me know in an adorable and thoughtful way that she can't wait to stand by my side on my special day.


We have accomplished the third item listed, which was one of the easiest decisions to make thus far; Booking Our Photographer! I was first introduced to to our amazing photographer, Michele Beckwith, in 2010 when I first laid eyes on her beautiful photography skills via a former high school classmate, Rochelle Anderson, wedding photos. You can check out more photos from her wedding on Michele Beckwith's blog. Michele has an astounding photography style, and I am blown away by her wedding photography and her ability to not only capture the couple, but the scenery surrounding them as well. I can't wait for her to capture our special day admist the beautiful redwoods.


We are still working on looking for our entertainment vendor to provide music for our ceremony and reception. Stay tuned for an update on this last item on this month's to do list!

No comments:

Post a Comment