Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Ten Months Ahead

Your Personal Best

Following our wedding planning book to stay as sane as possible during this wedding planning process, we are now in the middle of being 10 months out!! This months to-do list includes "creating a personal care plan" to make the most of a healthy, gorgeous bride :)

1. Assess your looks.

2. Set goals for personal improvement.

3. Design a beauty and fitness plan.

4. Practice the art of managing stress.

The wedding book swears this month isn't about focusing on flaws, but "on being the best you can be". Taking this analogy and running with it, I went through the to-do list and first assessed my looks, which I'm pretty happy with, so I jumped to #2. I set a goal to start meal planning to prevent eating last minute, unhealthy meals. By eating healthier, clear skin ensues, which I don't have much of an issue with (thank god I am over pimple hell that rocked my world during my middle and high school years LOL). I rolled #3 and #4 together by signing up for a membership at a local yoga studio called A Yoga Village, participating in various yoga classes with my good friend Shannon Georges.


Shannon's expert experience with yoga has not only motivated me, but has pushed me out of my "non-workout" frame of mind, opening me up to trying new, harder yoga classes, such as a 1.5 hour HOT YOGA class where I think I sweat half my body weight while trying to twist and balance in various yoga positions. Felt amazing afterwards though, and totally relaxed, making me think that I am doing a good job accomplishing the goals on this months to-do list. Just need to focus more on EATING HEALTHY, which I used to be so good at, yet am feeling like I feel off the boat since moving into our new house 7 months ago. By letting household related goals take priority over healthy eating and living, I have noticed I have given into eating out more and more with Michael and friends. Hopefully by reeling in these unhealthy eating habits, we will not only move forward towards our personal improvement, but save money in the process.


Wish us luck with this month's goals, and looking forward to celebrating our engagement this weekend in California with all my loves!

No comments:

Post a Comment