Friday, June 7, 2013

Four, Wait, THREE Months Ahead Already!

Wow, it's June already?!?! Where did May go?? Oh yea, spent May enjoying my California family so much, forgot to update on Oh-So-Holy To-Do List from my wedding planning bible, The Bride's Year Ahead. May skipped through Chapter 9: Fourth Months Ahead, focusing on Arrivals and Departures. The month of May included a To-List of:

1. Investigate accommondations for out-of-town guests.

2. Organize transportation.

3. Shop for a going-away outfit.

4. Assemble you trousseau.

5. Look for a place to live.

If you've been reading my blog, you know that I don't always follow the infamous To-Do List verbatim, especially if items do not apply to Michael and I, or our means/situation. With that being said, I was able to tackle a few of the items listed, such as #1 and #4, while I was home in California. During our visit to The Sequoia Retreat Center for our taste testing of our wedding food, my mother and I visited The Quality Inn-Ben Lomond, which is located a short distance from our reception site at The SRC.


Check out their website for booking details! My mother and I also had a chance to discuss #2, our wedding weekend transportation, and are still in the process of possibly having a family/friend transport guests from the SRC to our ceremony site, and back again for our reception. Cross your fingers someone agrees! We also have a vintage twist to our grand arrival and departure from our wedding in the works, one that ties into our vintage theme, and I can't wait for you to see it! Hint: Michael and I have a picture in front of this type of sweet vintage vehicle, it's totally California Hippie status, AND it's my dentist's ride! Since Michael and I won't be leaving for our honeymoon in our vintage, get-away car right away, I don't need to do #3, however I did find my Rehearsal Dinner outfit, if that counts for anything!

#4 was partially taken care of during my Bridal Shower, and for those of you who don't know what a "trousseau" is (don't worry, I didn't either!), it's "a French word meaning, "little bundle." Since the nineteenth century, it has been used to refer to the goods the bride brought with her into marriage", and "today...has become more associated with lingerie than anything else" (Marguerite Smolen, 2003). I received some beautiful lingerie items as Bridal Shower gifts...


I can't wait till the The Bachelorette Party to see what else I can add to my trousseau! The last item on our to-do list has already been completed, just out the sequence of The Book, as we bought our first house together a year and a half ago!

This month's Chapter 10: Three Months Ahead, focuses on Symbols of Commitment. I keep thinking, "OMG, OMG, it's THREE months ahead already?! Where did the last year go?!" The Book reiterates my personal thoughts by opening the chapter with the fact that "despite all your preparation, until now, the actual wedding might still have seemed like a distant dream"...umm yea!!! Totally!!! LOL. Now that I'm done freaking out, this month's To-Do List contains some hefty, important items, compared to previous ones listed.

1. Choose a wedding ring.

2. Select bridal jewelry.

3. Mail your invitations.

4. Pick out first dance song, and learn to dance.

Michael has tackled #1 for us, by contacting Silva, the designer who custom designed my engagement ring with Michael's original infinity style design. She has agreed to design a custom wedding band to go with my gorgeous engagement ring, and I couldn't be more excited to see what she comes up with! Michael also solved the issue of us going to pick out a wedding band for him, by being gifted with a snazzy wedding band from Silva herself when picking out my engagement ring. We couldn't be happier with our life rings, and send our deepest thanks to Michael's Aunt Pat and Terry for helping us with them, as well as Michael's mother, Miss Sue, who personally drove the rings down to Florida, hand delivering it to Michael shortly before he proposed last summer. For those of you who need a reminder of what my gorgeous ring looks like, here ya go!


I completed #2 last month during a random trip to the mall, finding the perfect wedding jewelry that complimented my wedding dress style and sash beadwork perfectly. Score!! If only #3 could be as easy/simple. Due to the fact that I have to hand make our invitations, and that it is socially acceptable to send your invitations out 2 months before your wedding, I intend to start making our wedding invitations this month, to mail out next month. But geez, there really is no rest during this wedding planning business, and I just got done with my Bridal Shower thank you cards! Oh well, at least we have #4 partially completed, having chosen our first dance song (unknowingly) when we first met! The fact that this special song has been with us our entire relationship, even being played during Michael's proposal, makes it so very special to Michael and I! We'll just have to work on (Michael's) dance moves! Haha

No comments:

Post a Comment